List of Canadian stocks and companies that are listed and traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) or the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) by market capitalization. The Canadian stock market is one of the largest and most well-developed in the world, with a diverse range of companies representing various industries and sectors.
- Financials: The financial sector is one of the largest and most important sectors in the Canadian stock market. Some of the largest Canadian banks, such as Royal Bank of Canada, TD Bank, and Scotiabank, are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).
- Energy: The energy sector is another important sector with companies engaged in the exploration, production, and distribution of oil, gas, and other energy resources. Some of the largest energy companies listed on the TSX include Suncor Energy, Canadian Natural Resources, and Enbridge.
- Materials: The materials sector includes companies engaged in mining, forestry, and other natural resource industries. Some of the largest companies in this sector include Barrick Gold, Goldcorp, and Teck Resources.
- Consumer Discretionary: The consumer discretionary sector includes companies that provide non-essential goods and services, such as retail, leisure, and hospitality. Canadian companies such as Canadian Tire, Loblaw Companies, and Restaurant Brands International.
- Health Care: The health care sector includes companies engaged in the production and distribution of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and health care services. Canadian companies such as Bausch Health Companies, Canopy Growth, and Aurora Cannabis are listed on the TSX.
- Information Technology: The information technology sector includes companies engaged in the development and distribution of technology products and services. Some of the largest Canadian tech companies include Shopify, CGI Inc., and Constellation Software.
- Industrials: The industrials sector includes companies engaged in the manufacturing and distribution of industrial products and services. Some of the largest companies in this sector include Bombardier, Canadian Pacific Railway, and Brookfield Infrastructure Partners.
Check our list of Largest Canadian public traded companies by market cap: